Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Sheer Romantic: Fashioned

Now that you've found the sheer clothing items in your closet, let's put together some outfits!

If you're enjoying warm, sunny weather this spring, you can wear a sheer shirt over a cami and add dressy shorts and sandals.  (Blouse, lace-trim cami, shorts, and bracelets, Charlotte Russe; sandals, Candie's; necklace, Colleen from Clever Nesting.)


However, if you live in a place that's still receiving wintry blasts, dress pants and boots go well with a sheer blouse layered over a cami.  (Blouse, Bay Studio Career; lace-trim cami and necklace, Charlotte Russe; pants, Express; boots, Mudd.)


While putting together outfits during the past few weeks, you may have noticed that you really like a clothing item but feel like you don't have the other pieces necessary to wear it well.  Consequently, the item resides permanently in your closet.  As I've pulled some trendy items out of my closet, I've run into this problem.  For example, I really like my rose pattern sheer shirt with my red shorts (see first picture), but I don't think the white sandals are the best match for them.  I've also found that dressy black capris and comfortable black dress shoes would help me enjoy wearing some of my other favorite shirts.  This knowledge will help me fill in the gaps in my wardrobe.

Have you noticed gaps in your wardrobe?  What items would fill in those gaps?

Next post: Sheer Romantic: Thrifted
Previous post: Sheer Romantic: My Closet

No comments:

Post a Comment