Pages

Friday, April 29, 2011

Prints: From the Runway

The spring fashion show runways were filled with ideas for styling prints.

For a simple way to accessorize prints, follow Loewe's example and add a bright purse or headband in a coordinating color.  The thrift store I go to most often has the best purses!  I accented the red roses on my blouse with a red satin-like purse that I bought this week.  (Blouse, A. Byer; capris and bracelet, Charlotte Russe; shoes, Payless; purse, Bath & Body Works.)


Another top-notch idea combines floral prints with a nautical theme, as shown by Christian Dior.  I paired a floral print skirt with a white nautical jacket for a sea-worthy look.  (Jacket, Charlotte Russe; skirt, Luna Chix; sandals, Candie's.)


With items from your closet, how can you add bright accessories to your prints or combine them with a nautical theme?

Next post: Spring Trend: Punk
Previous post: Prints: Thrifted

No comments:

Post a Comment