Pages

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Wild Side: Fashioned

Are you ready to put on your wild side?  I assembled two outfits based on some of the wild side items in my closet.

The first ensemble would work well for anyone living in a place that still gets snow during the spring because the faux fur vest is very warm.  I normally don't wear brown with grey, but I like grey a lot, and I think the grey shirt makes the vest stand out.  Adding the boots for a faux fur upon faux fur look stems from Chanel's Fall 2010 Ready-to-Wear collection.  Besides showing creative and unexpected faux fur designs, Chanel's runway show for that season featured a 26-ton iceberg as its centerpiece.  (Shirt, Mossimo Supply Co.; faux fur vest, Merona, from Target; skinny jeans, Mossimo Supply Co.; faux fur boots, unknown, from a western store; necklace, unknown.)


Inspiration for the second outfit came from a different Fall 2010 trend, which accented military-inspired clothing with animal print accessories.  I put the animal print belt over a military jacket, and then I added bootcut jeans and tan boots.  (Military jacket, George, from Walmart; animal print belt, unknown; bootcut jeans, Mossimo Supply Co.; boots, L.e.i.)


How do you style your wild side items?  Share your fashion sense in the comment section!

Next post: Wild Side: Thrifted
Previous post: Wild Side: My Closet

No comments:

Post a Comment